IELTS at BLC
The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) meets the same needs as the TOEFL: validate a sufficient level of English for university enrollment abroad. As such, it is recognized by most universities:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- South Africa
It is also required by some immigration services, and in particular for all applicants for expatriation in Australia , New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- IELTS tests the 4 main language skills:
- oral comprehension,
- written comprehension,
- oral expression,
- The written expression.
- IELTS validity period : 2 years
- Cost of IELTS : 215 €
Your score is between 4 and 5 points
You have the “Threshold” level, ie a level B1 on the CEFR level scale .
- You are able to understand the essentials of clear, standard language in familiar situations.
- You can cope with most situations encountered while traveling.
- You have the ability to produce a simple and coherent speech on familiar topics and in your areas of interest.
Your score is between 5 and 6.5 points
You have the “Independent” level, ie a B2 level on the CECRL level scale .
- You are able to understand the essential content of concrete or abstract topics in a complex text.
- You can communicate with a degree of spontaneity and ease that means you can have a conversation with a native.
- You know how to express yourself clearly on a wide range of subjects as well as explain the advantages and disadvantages of different possibilities.
Your score is between 7 and 8 points
You have the “Autonomous” level, i.e. a C1 levelon the CEFR level scale .
- You are able to understand a wide range of long and demanding texts.
- You can communicate spontaneously without searching for your words too much.
- You can express yourself on complex topics in a clear and structured way.
Your score is between 8 and 9 points
You have the “Mastery” level, ie a level C2 on the CECRL level scale .
- You have a very good command of English.
- You are very comfortable speaking.
- You have a very good understanding.
How to prepare?
The best preparation is to reach an adequate level of English. The preparation for the exam format by our specialized trainers also allows you to earn points. If you would like to prepare for this certification in order to optimize your score, call your nearest BLC center to request a quote.