The Linguaskill General and Business English exams
Available abroad U.K. since autumn 2018, the two certifications LINGUASKILL GENERAL and LINGUASKILL BUSINESS are published by Cambridge Assessment and take over from BULATS, which has had considerable success since its launch in 2009. These two exams share strengths that have made them the market leader.
- They are happening online.
- They are adaptive (the questions automatically adapt to the candidate’s level) which makes the exam faster and minimizes the risk of fraud.
- They test all English levels from A1 to C1 and above on the CEFR scale .
- They are available in several Reading & Listening, Speaking and Writing versions that can be taken separately or together.
- They are remarkably flexible and easy to organize.
- They are the market leader for CPF .
- Their prices are economical (about half the cost of a TOEIC , a quarter of the cost of a TOEFL or an IELTS ).
The LINGUASKILL exams are available in two versions, General and Business
As their names suggest, General Linguaskill is based on a relatively “general” vocabulary. While Linguaskill Business questions a more business vocabulary.
This change should satisfy the many people who were put off by the overly business nature of exams like the BULATS or the TOEIC, and who can now take a more accessible certification.
Even more practical LINGUASKILL exams
Cambridge has done a lot of work on the ergonomics of LINGUASKILL, which now runs on almost all platforms, including Chrome and Firefox. the Apple version is commissioned in 2020.
The LINGUASKILL Anywhere allows you to take the exam from your office, or from home, while being supervised by artificial intelligence.
The LINGUASKILL Results Verification Service allows professionals to instantly verify the authenticity of the credentials they receive free of charge.
LINGUASKILL exams are published by Cambridge Assessment , a division of the University of Cambridge and world leader in language certification with more than 5.5 million certifications annually carried out in more than 130 countries by 2,800 agents. In France, more than fifty agents and several hundred Linguaskill Training Centers offer this certification to grandes écoles and as part of continuing vocational training.